Thursday, September 8, 2011

changing direction.

One of most fun aspects of the creative process is your own personal artistic evolution. I started making jewelry with Native American seed beads at the playful age of nine, then moved on to some fairly gaudy creations involving paper and puzzle pieces in my adolescence. Eventually, I went back to beading and incorporated wire work and knotting.
These days, I am focused on vintage assemblage and re-purposing. It allows me to incorporate all of the skills that I have honed over the years while making one-of-a-kind pieces and giving life to something beautiful, but out-dated and stagnant. And, hey, it doesn't hurt to find a niche in the Green movement either! Whatever the reason, you will now find me running willy-nilly through antiques fairs, flea markets and Salvation Army jewelry sales in search of inspiration. Be sure to hit up my valbdesigns.etsy.com for the latest and vintage greatest.

No comments:

Post a Comment